Understand and heal your inner child
Therapy is a deep self-discovery process where you will understand how your past experiences shaped your current beliefs system, patterns and habits. I will help you revise and identify the beliefs that are no longer serving you, so you can replace them with new empowering messages. You will learn tools to heal your inner child and strengthen the nurturing, wise and empowering part of yourself.
Therapy is truly transformational, you will shed the parts of you that you no longer need to rebirth a new healed, empowered and successful you.
Therapy is for you if...
Benefits of Therapy:
I hold a 2 year Master’s Degree in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
- The humanistic approach looks at the person as a whole, and assumes that under the right circumstances, every person has the inner resources they need to develop and thrive. The humanistic approach is focused on building a strong therapeutic relationship with the client to create a safe space to enable the client’s personal development. It’s not about diagnosing the client with a ‘condition’ and telling them what to do. One of the main founders of this current was Carl Rogers.
- ‘Integrative’ means that this approach uses a combination of different tools and psychological models depending on the clients’ needs. The main ones are:
- Transactional Analysis (TA). It is a theory of personality and a system for personal growth and change founded by Eric Berne. As well as providing a theory of personality, TA offers a range of models that can be used to explain communication and relationships. These models can help identify what goes wrong in communication and how to interact for a better outcome. Many TA concepts are simple to learn and apply, making them very accessible and effective. For example the Ego States (Parent Adult and Child), the Script, Drama Triangle and Psychological Games.
- Gestalt by Fritz Perls. The focus is on self-awareness of what’s happening in the here and now. Increased awareness and understanding of the present, of one’s immediate thoughts, feelings and behaviours, and of patterns of relating can bring about powerful change and new perspectives. One of the main techniques is the Empty Chair, which is designed to allow the client to work through conflict with someone ow within yourself.
- Theory of Grief. (By José Zurita and Macarena Chía). Following this process which comprises 9 stages (Denial, racionalization, anger, fear, sadness, acceptance, frogiveness, gratitude and new attachments), the client is able to integrate an important loss (whether that’s losing a job, breaking-up with a partner, moving to a different country or losing a loved one).
- Emotional management techniques. Repressed and blocked emotions remain in the body not only causing emotional discomfort but they can even show as physical symptoms if they are not released properly. The client will learn to identify their emotions and express them in a healthy way.
- Attachment Theory by John Bowlby. According to this theory, there are four types of attachment that are developed based on the relationship the person had as an infant with their main care giver: secure, avoidant, anxious and disorganised. This has an impact on how we build relationships as adults.
In addition to these theories I add my knowledge and experience with:
- Guided meditation and visualisations to reduce stress, connect with inner parts of ourselves (inner child, nurturing self, inner power etc.) and creating vision boards.
- Feminine cycle. Understanding and embracing our cyclical nature is a main part of personal development and empowerment for women. I combine knowledge around hormonal cycle, feminine archetypes, inner seasons and the link between women’s and moon’s cycle. I teach tools that will help the client use her cycle to optimise performance, well-being and fulfillment.
The first session will be to:
· Understand what your situation is and what you want to achieve with the process.
· Discuss frequency and structure of sessions.
Normally we will have weekly or fortnightly sessions. We don’t need to set a certain slot of the week every week (although it works well for many people), but the idea is to have recurring sessions.
Of course you can have a break if you’re going on holidays (sometimes I go on holidays too!), have other commitments or decide you prefer a different structure. But therapy works a process, not as one-off sessions. If you want to have a few one-off sessions, maybe coaching is a better option for you.
When you decide you want to finish the process, it is recommendable to have a couple of sessions to finish the work together. When working at a deep level, we might need one or two sessions to make sure we have a healthy closing.
Coaching has a more result-orientated approach. In the coaching programs, the client normally defines some goals, and the coaching process is orientated to identify the stoppers and learn the resources that would be necessary to achieve those goals. Therapy is usually a longer process, focused on understanding how the beliefs, patterns and behaviours were developed. Or maybe you just need a space for yourself where you can think and express your emotions in a safe and healthy way. Therapy is also a way to learn resources you might need to deal with certain circumstances: stress, the loss of a job, a break-up or grieving the loss of a loved one.
The therapy process happens entirely in the 50′ sessions.
With the coaching programs, which have a more intense and dynamic approach, you also get email support and suggested ‘homework’ or activities to do between sessions.
The price of a 50′ session is £75.
To book your first session, just contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a slot.
Note: the session won’t be confirmed until payment is received.
For future future sessions, we can agree to have the same weekly slot or schedule the following session at the end of each session.
If you are not sure if therapy is for you or don’t know if coaching would be better for you, you can book a free first call here.
Why work with me?
I’m a qualified and experienced Coach and Therapist, combining knowledge in various psychological models. I have a friendly and warm approach that will help you feel comfortable and cared for in the sessions. I also have deep knowledge about the feminine cycle and I integrate different tools in my sessions depending on the client’s needs.
Find out more about me here.
I received the best therapy ever. Verónica was very understanding, I could be very open with her and cry without feeling judged, and she gave me excellent advice and exercises that I still use. I am so glad I contacted her.Diana
The work I did with Vero was essential not only for accepting my flaws but for being proud of my body as a disabled woman. Gaining peace at seeing myself and releasing the fear of being rejected was truly reached with Vero’s unique way of helping. After a few sessions my motivation for embodying my identity and living my body was with me every day and still is nowadays. Vero walks her message of empowerment and freedom and I felt so blessed for encountering her.Carolina